Sunday, November 23, 2008

Attack of the rabid beast...#11

This blog will not be very exciting, nor will it be informative, it will simply be my reflections about this week (or rather, the past few weeks). Lately I have been "going through the motions"...wake up, class, eat, study, go to sleep - repeat - I have been jaded for the past couple of weeks...Thanksgiving break can not come too soon for me!!!However, I have been taught something this past week. Life used to be all about me, but going off to college really taught me to love people where they are and to be thankful that we all are so different. Since it is almost Thanksgiving I guess I should say what I am thankful for...I'm thankful for hard professors that push you to do your best (and no, I am not sucking up), I am thankful for my family because they will always be my support system, I am thankful for long distance relationships because without them I would never know how strong "we" could really be!
Funny story time...Jordan, Madeline, Chelsea, and I were riding back from the mall down this dark eerie street. Suddenly we see a big black dog standing by the side of the road, Jordan slows down and honks the horn at it(thinking she would teach the dog a lesson). Terrified, the dog runs out in front of the car - Jordan swerves and barely misses the stupid animal. Visibly shaken, Jordan stops the car about 50 ft. away - the dog then proceeds to chase after us...four girls are screaming and Jordan is frantically trying to get away from the rabid beast...we barely escaped with our lives...Jordan left the dog with these insightful words "go home"...and that ladies and gentlemen is what we should all do...so go home and enjoy your Thanksgiving break!!!

No comments: